Small Event Sponsorship
For Associate and Full Members hosting online or in-person events in applied microbiology.
AMI can sponsor online or in-person events in applied microbiology, such as a 1-day meetings, workshops or lectures related to AMI’s objectives. You can apply for support towards event expenses, such as the cost of refreshments, technology hire charges, interpreters, etc.
Small Event Sponsorship is open to current members of AMI, regardless of their geographical location. Applications must be received at least six weeks prior to the event.
The maximum amount available for the grant is £200.
- Applicants must be an existing Associate or Full Member of Applied Microbiology International and be the main organiser of the meeting.
- The applicant must have at least one full year of membership history prior to submitting their application, and must not have lapsed on their membership at the time of application.
- Applications must be received at least 6 weeks before the proposed event date.
- A successful applicant cannot apply for further Small Event Sponsorship within 12 months of the previous application date.
- The maximum amount available is £200, or equivalent currency.
- In certain circumstances Applied Microbiology International may be able to list the event on our website and assist with registration.
Small Event Sponsorship is allocated on a competitive basis and in relation to the funds available. The award of this grant is at sole discretion of the Grants Award Panel. The Grants Award Panel’s decision is final, and we are not able to enter into dialogue about our evaluation process.
Applications are assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Are the requested costs reasonable/cost effective
- Does this event promote and highlight innovations in applied microbiology
- Does the applicant clearly explain why they are applying for this grant and how it will benefit the applied microbiology community
- Is there evidence in their application of how they intend to promote Applied Microbiology International.
- The applicant must complete an expense claim form, which must be received by Applied Microbiology International within 6 weeks of the event, along with all relevant ORIGINAL receipts to support the claim.
- Reimbursement of expenses will only be paid by bank transfer directly into a bank account, normally in GB pounds sterling, euro or US/Canadian/Australian dollars. Under NO circumstances will intermediary banks be used.
- Sponsorship recipients must acknowledge Applied Microbiology International in the event and are required to advertise Applied Microbiology International as sponsors of the event.
- Sponsored lectures must appear in the programme as ‘The Applied Microbiology International Lecture'.
- If appropriate, the Society may attend the meeting as an exhibitor at no further cost.
- To submit an application, please click the “Apply Now” button to complete the application form.
- Applicants must clearly explain why they are applying for this grant and how it will benefit the applied microbiology community.
- Applicants must provide evidence in their application of how they intend to promote Applied Microbiology International and indicate clearly what type of publicity they will be able to offer Applied Microbiology International at the event.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application within six weeks of its submission.