Registration Fees Grant
This grant is designed to support AMI members in attending pre-approved events critical to the advancement of sustainable applied microbiology and in alignment with AMI's strategic objectives, particularly focusing on contributing to relevant United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs). This grant aims to promote active participation in conferences, symposia, workshops, training courses and meetings that further knowledge exchange, and professional development in key areas of applied microbiology.
This grant can be used to attend the following events:
- LAM ECS Research Symposium 2024, Bristol UK
- Environmental Microbiology: Microbes as Safeguards of the Environment Workshop, Baeza Spain
- Microbial Strategies for Sustainable Soils, Las Vegas Nevada USA
- Viruses of Microbes (VOM) UK
- Viruses of Microbes (VOM) Cairns
- Molecular Microbial Ecology Group 2024
- Open to current AMI Full or Associate members with a minimum of 13 months continuous active membership.
- Applicants must be actively participating in the event, such as presenting a poster, being a speaker, or engaging in knowledge advancement and networking.
- The event must be on AMI's pre-approved list, ensuring alignment with AMI's strategic goals. The option for “other” will also be given on the application form to capture all relevant events.
Grant Details and Financial Support:
- Type: Registration Fee Support for AMI approved external events.
- Amount: Varies; up to full coverage of registration fees.
- Eligible Events: Events pre-approved by AMI, including conferences, workshops, training courses, and webinars, that support the advancement of applied microbiology and AMI's alignment with specific SDGs.
- Can be used in conjunction with other grants.
- Completed application form.
- If applying for event not on pre-approved list, application must include explanation (max 300 words) of the event's relevance to AMI’s strategic focus and the member’s professional or academic goals.
- Information about the event's registration fee.
- Strong alignment with AMI’s strategic objectives and the SDGs.
- Potential for significant professional and academic development.
- Demonstrated need for financial support.
- Submission of a detailed report (max 500 words) focusing on the event’s contribution to AMI’s strategic objectives and the member's professional development.
- AMI claim form, all relevant receipts and certificate/proof of attendance must be submitted within six weeks of the event.
- Applications should be submitted at least six weeks before the event's start date.
- Review and decision-making process to be completed within four weeks of application submission.
Maximise your chances of a successful grant application by reading the full evaluation criteria used by the panel
Please log in to view this grant application form.